Welcome to Hertzlers
At Hertzlers we care about your needs and offer service with a smile. Our hands on experience with farming enables us to offer practical expertise and knowledge of our products. We have been serving Powhatan and surrounding counties since 1983.
We are Hometown USA!
Our commitment is to help preserve our rural communities and make shopping a pleasant experience for the entire family. We are family owned and offer a genuine "on the farm" experience. We are even located "down a country lane"!
March Tips and Happenings....
- Spring is coming early this year but don't be fooled into planting frost-sensitive plants too soon. Easter is late and usually, it does not get warm to stay until after Easter. Also, we can have frost until the first part of May. Gardens seeds are here and potatoes, onion sets and early plants will be here in March 1st. You may now plant lettuce, radishes, spinach, kale, collard greens, mustard, carrots, beets, and your early plants such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- It is time to clean up your flower beds and garden area. Till the soil and let it dry a few days before planting.
- You may now overseed, fertilize and lime your lawns and pastures. We have everything you need in stock.
- We are now also carrying Nutrena feed. Stop by the store and let us be your one-stop source of Purina and Nutrena Feed.
- We carry ready-to-lay Red Sex-Link pullets year round.
- Think of Hertzlers for your hay, shavings, and feed needs for all your animals and pets.
- We have Powhatan grown natural beef for sale raised right here on our farm. Think of Hertzlers for all grilling and cooking adventures. The flavor of our dry-aged beef can not be beat!
- Check out Pat's blog called "Country Chatter" about life in the country and on the farm.
- We carry fertilizer, lime, potting soils, grass seeds and straw.
- Our first batch of baby chicks will be arriving March 17. Check the listing under "Events and Specials" to see the breeds available and pricing.