Welcome to Hertzlers where we care about your needs and offer service with a smile. Our hands on experience with farming enable us to offer practical expertise and knowledge of our products. We have been serving Powhatan since 1983.
We are Hometown USA
Our commitment is to help preserve our rural communities and make shopping a pleasant experience for the entire family. We are family owned and offer a genuine "on the farm" experience.
March Tips and Happenings .....
- Plan now to attend our "Care of Poultry" Seminar on April 1. See more information under "Events".
- We have full-grown laying hens in stock. They were hatched September 13, 2013 They are $7.75 each. Please bring a carrying cage as we do not provide carrying boxes or cages.
- Check out Pat's blog called "Country Chatter" about life in the country and on the farm.
- Baby chicks will start arriving March 14. (See list under Events)
- Garden seeds have arrived. Potatoes and onions will be here the second week of March.
- The early spring plants have arrived. I have Arugula, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage (Golden Acres, Late & Early Flat Dutch, Stonehead), Cauliflower, Chives, Collards, Kale, Kohlrabi, Lettuce (Boston Buttercrunch, Grand Rapids, Red Sails, Romaine, Red Romaine) and Pansies (Matrix Purple, Spring Matrix Scarlet & Spring Matrix Yellow).
- Stay posted for the first fish day of the season.