Welcome to Hertzlers
At Hertzlers we care about your needs and offer service with a smile. Our hands on experience with farming enables us to offer practical expertise and knowledge of our products. We have been serving Powhatan and surrounding counties since 1983.
We are Hometown USA!
Our commitment is to help preserve our rural communities and make shopping a pleasant experience for the entire family. We are family owned and offer a genuine "on the farm" experience. We are even located "down a country lane"!
July Tips and Happenings....
- We now have freshly harvested local honey in stock.
- We are sold out of ready-to-lay hens but will have some arriving the beginning of August.
- This is now summer maintenance and harvesting time in the garden. Nothing beats a fresh tomato sandwich, or cucumber salad.
- Blight on beans and tomatoes is really bad this year with the abundance of rain and humidity. It takes diligence to stay ahead of it. We stock several different fungicides for blight control.
- If you need to use chemicals for bug control, use a liquid versus a powder. If you spray the liquid in the evening when the bees are not active, it will dry before they land on the plant and will not harm the bees. The powder they take back to the hive.
- NEW ITEM..... We have Rescue Trapstiks for biting flies and also carpenter bees. $8.99 each.
- Remember to use Hertzler's Finest Beef for all you summer grilling and cooking adventures this summer! The flavor of our natural, dry-aged beef can not be beat!
- Don't forget to feed your roses all summer long. I use Bayer All-in-One Rose and Flower Care every six weeks. It is a fungicide, insecticide and fertilizer all in one. My roses are gorgeous right now, blooming profusely. They have enjoyed the cooler nights and less humid weather.
- Check out Pat's blog called "Country Chatter" about life in the country and on the farm.